Check if you have Administrator rights on your computer
To install Landonline software on your computer, you usually need Administrator rights which allow you to change your computer's configuration. Follow the instructions below to find out if you have these Rights.
We recommend you print these instructions before starting.
|Check if you have Administrator rights on your computer|
|Purpose||Check if you have Administrator rights on your computer.|
Administrator rights are required to install Landonline software as they allow you to change your computer's configuration
|Alert||Even if you have Administrator rights, installing software yourself on your computer may be against your organisation's IT policy|
If you are unsure, please contact your IT support staff or service provider before proceeding
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows 2000 Professional
- Right-click on the Start button. Usually, this can be found in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen. The Windows icons are as follows:
- A menu will appear next to the Start button.
- If the menu contains the items
Open All Users, and
Explore All Users
as below, then you have Administrator Rights on your computer
- If the menu does not contain the items Open All Users and Explore All Users, as below, then you do not have Administrator Rights on your computer
- If you have Administrator rights, you should be able to install software on your computer. You may wish to check whether your organisation's IT policy allows you to do this first
- If you do not have Administrator rights and need to install software, or if you have Administrator rights but are still unable to install software, please contact your IT support staff or service provider.
Return to Software downloads